A Research Ethics Masterclass is being hosted by the School of Health & Life Sciences on Wednesday 27th February 2019, between 10am-1.30pm at the UWS Lanarkshire Campus, Lecture Theatre (Room 3.0.09)
This event will include an exciting range of topics and presenters and is suitable for all students and staff who are:
- undertaking research supervision activities
- undertaking (or considering to undertake) a Research Project or an Improvement Project
- require School of HLS Research Ethics Committee submission/approval
- NHS Research Ethics Committee (REC) submission/approval (NHS projects only)
- NHS Research & Development Department approval (NHS projects only)
Each presentation will be proceeded by a 15-minute general Q&A session and you will have the opportunity to ask presenters any questions you may have then. We particularly welcome attendance from all academic staff and students working in research supervisory teams.
Dr Gordie Mackay, Senior Lecturer, will discuss the role of ethics and ethical review in the UWS context’
Dr Judith Godden, Scientific Officer / Ethics Manager, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde will talk about the West of Scotland Research Ethics Committee.
Elizabeth McGonigal, NHS Lanarkshire Lead R&D Facilitator & Amanda Kiddell, NHS Ayrshire & Arran Lead R&D Facilitator will look at the NHS Research & Development Role in Supporting Research Projects
Click here to register to attend this event by Tuesday 26th February.