The UWS Contemporary Drug and Alcohol Studies programme invites you to a lecture on:
Blood Borne Viruses in Scotland: prevention, testing, treatment and support.
by Leon Wylie. Lead Officer, Hepatitis Scotland.
The lecture will be held on Monday 5 March 2018. 11:00 – 12:30pm in Room D135 Paisley Campus.
This lecture will be of interest to staff and students and covers issues relating to:
- Blood Borne Virus Transmission rates and prevalence, health inequalities and background to risk
- Preventative strategies
- Diagnosis: signs and symptoms
- Testing pathway and referral
- Treatment vs Non Treatment outcomes
- Treatment historical vs current support needs
Please register if you would like to attend on:
Or contact Dr Aileen O’Gorman for further details. Email: Aileen.O’Gorman@uws.ac.uk