Joint BSc Dental Nursing Commences at New College Lanarkshire

DL3MHqRW4AAuApb

On the 11th of October New College Lanarkshire celebrated the launch of their joint BSc Dental Nursing, the first in the UK. This programme is a joint project between our School and the College and is designed to future-proof their career and place them at the same level as other professional groups within a dental team. Our partnership with the College offers the 13 students now enrolled on the course the opportunity to study the university-validated degree-level qualification within the vibrant and innovative college environment – including its industry-leading dental facilities at Coatbridge which opened in February 2016.

Jennifer Lowe, the Assistant Head of Faculty for Care and Science at New College Lanarkshire, said:

“We are delighted that 13 students have enrolled with the course – launching the degree is an absolute landmark moment for the industry.

“The BSc Dental Nursing was developed in response to demand from employers, training providers and dental nurses to be qualified to degree level and beyond. With the introduction of the degree course at the College, I am confident that we will produce very highly skilled and sought-after practitioners.

I started my own career are a Dental Nurse and never in my wildest dreams did I think that a degree for Dental Nursing would be available. The opportunities it will provide are endless and I look forward to the success of all our students. I would like to thank our partners at UWS who have made it possible for the students, and for guiding us along the way in creating what we hope will be a highly successful programme.”