University's First Moodle Gold Medal Awarded

Learning Innovation announced today that the first Moodle Gold medal under the UWS Education Enabling Plan has been awarded to the School of Nursing Health and Midwifery to Raymond Duffy and his programme team for their work on the Graduate Certificate Working with Older People module “Assessment and Care Approaches”.

Raymond said

“Very surprised and glad to be the first person to achieve this. I began this project last year with Lesley Hamilton, the eLearning Developer attached to the School advising, but was unable to complete the site to my satisfaction before the students finished the module. This year with Sam Coulter’s help (another eLearning Developer), the module Moodle site has the look and feel required for this module which uses a very blended approach to delivery. It now provides excellent support to the students in a structured manner that they have had no difficulties engaging with. Having successfully achieved this once, the next task is to reproduce this across the other two modules in the programme for new students commencing in the next academic year. I hope my success can also inspire others to make their module Moodle sites more engaging.”

Maria Pollard, Assistant Dean Education commented

“I am delighted for Raymond and the team on their achievement of the first Gold award in the university. Health, Nursing & Midwifery are committed to ensuring that we provide a positive and dynamic learning environment and Raymond continues to be at the forefront of innovative practice and is an inspiring influence in the school.”